Friday, February 01, 2008

The Lady Doth Protest Way Too Fucking Much

At what point does having a helpful opinion to offer cross over into being judgmental?

And should you just let a person you see as a tragedy-in-waiting just crash and burn?

I ask because...

It's almost a stereotype to be found on BDSM websites...profiles, blogs, etc. Every female submissive has to loudly proclaim how stong they are. To the point where they OVERSTATE the point about how wonderfully strong they are (with the type of strength rarely defined).

But...

What happens when you know a person who claims this strength is really a basket case? Someome who paints a picture of themself that's not quite accurate...and you've seen their other, less stable face.

There have been at least eight instances of this for me. I've received e-mails from some women regarding things in my blog...things that to the other 99.999999% of my readers were benign.

I've received extremely angry letters...some to the point of incoherency. I honestly don't know what they were trying to say.

But my point here is...some of these women are houses of cards emotionally. Some slight trigger tripped them...something they saw written in my blog, something they most likely read into what I was saying...and sent them off the deep end.

Is someone this emotionally fragile ready for a BDSM relationship? What happens when they physically engage?

I received one letter (several really) from this women on alt...I wish I had saved it. It was the longest e-mail I've ever read. All in one letter she went from wanting to do me harm...to begging for my forgiveness and everything in between, It read like textbook Bi-Polar Disorder. I was disturbed...but I also felt sorry for her. She was obviously unstable. So, in one of her own posts in which she was complaining about some potential dom who broke off contact (he probably figured out she needed psychatric help) ...so I gently suggested that maybe she take some time off and reasses her needs, etc, etc.

Hoo boy. That led to another e-mail about how I had "devastated" her...and a coterie of clucking hens on that blog post laid into me...bleating about how I was so judgmental and so on.

So I said "Fuck it." You can't help those who can't realize they require it...and have a support group of (strangers) overly protective pals.

I do feel sorry for whatever men hook up with these basket cases though. I'll probably wind up posting their stories in my News of the Weird selections.

It's not just me, right? You all see the Tragedies in Denial as well...right?

4 comments:

Spring, Ph.D. said...

Ok, until you clarified that you'd received emails from these women, I was terrified you were talking about me! 'Cause see, I wrote something similar over there, and I think it came off as a bit snotty, but oh well... But anyway, I thought oh my gawd, what if I'm the one who he thinks is the basket case! Paranoid? Who, me???

trin said...

I've always noticed some extremely unstable people there... and the contradictions between word and action are rampant. Did you read what the Sweet lady wrote about that guys slashing her tires and how she was with him 'cuz of his money? And nobody even really pointed out the absurdity of that. Crazy. And yeah, the henhouses of reinforcement that cluck cluck cluck around each other are so super annoying.

I can't believe, though, that you've received emails like that. That's truly crazy... it would make me feel sorry for the senders, too. I've never gotten nasty emails about my blog and I'm so sorry that you have. Sheesh. I can't believe that there is anything in your blog that could inspire such a thing.

Dean said...

Spring---nah, not you. You are one of the most self aware, introspective women I've read from there.

Dean said...

trin....I didn't read that crazy woman's bit. I stopped reading her onece I realized that about 80% of her commenters were from profiles created by her. Plus...she's nucking futs.

I think one of the reasons I receive that kind of mail is because I'm approachable. If I acted like an angry, arrogant ass...I bet I wouldn't receive them.