Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Love When Someone Makes My Point for Me.


See previous post...

Yet another person who got angry with me because they were convinced something I put in my blog was ALL ABOUT THEM...fired off an angry mail, etc, etc, etc.

(Should a membership there come with a free tinfoil hat to keep out the radio waves?)

Yet another woman who wrote a long series of posts about being betrayed by a man.....only to write a few days later about wanting to get together with another...complete with clucking hen choir.

Same woman writes goodbye post because she can no longer be on Alt after SUCH A BETRAYAL...only to decide she's going to stay after all! Oh the love! Oh the cycle of self-destructive behavior!

Sigh...it's getting so that you can barely avoid the crazies.


8 comments:

trin said...

Poor Dean. :( It's almost comical, huh? Maybe only to me 'cuz I'm not the target of the ranting emails. I want to know who it is so that I'm not sweet if I ever cross her path!

I'm done with someone after one dramatic threatening-to-leave incident.

Sheesh!

Dean said...

Oy vey! It's amazing how many people try and squeeze themselves into a stereotype!

You know...I wouldn't mind so much if I could just avoid them...you know, just not read their blogs. But it's difficult to avoid them when they actively seek you out by writing mails or dropping comments on your blog.

It's not much of a community when you can't offer advice without being subjected to mass hysteria afterwards.

Anonymous said...

I'm embarassed to say I went through a "Goodbye. No wait! Not-so-goodbye phase" myself. The thing is, I was genuine in wanting to leave and free myself from that place, I just never had the willpower. It is pretty addictive, no? Eventually it lost it's hold on me. I'm thankful.

I still love seeing the ones of you that I enjoyed reading over there, over here... (And is Sushi gone for good over here?)

You could always repost the poisoning the neighbor's grass post and try to scare them off?

Spring, Ph.D. said...

I'm with trin, I want to know so I can avoid the crazies.

sushi said...

@Curious..no baby, i'm right here...i'm just..i dunno, but i'm still here

Dean said...

Well...one of these people is on the popular list. And has lots of friends there...

Send me an e-mail and I'll drop a name or two.

trin said...

Well if there's one thing we know, it's that the popular list sure isn't about who is really "popular".

Dean said...

Right on, Trin. Much more now than ever before it's about who can play the angles well enough to capture as many comments as possible.

Apprently quantity really does have a quality all its own.