Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Yawn that Roared

(CNN) -- Former Sen. Fred Thompson on Tuesday ended his run for the presidency, coming off the heels of a disappointing third-place finish in South Carolina's GOP primary and heading into the showdown state of Florida next week.

=======================

Wasn't Thompson supposed to be the next Ronald Reagan? A "real conservative" who was going to energize the party? All that "will he or won't he?" run stuff seems a little silly in retrospect. All that buildup and the only payoff was repeated clips of The Hunt for Red October. Media pundits must get paid by the word (or cubic foot of hot gas).

He swept in like a lazy old man and left like a sleepwalker.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm left scratching my head at how the Republican race has fallen out. I really expected Giuliani to make a better run.

As for the other side, I'm amazed how feigned tears can turn a race around.

Dean said...

I can't believe people are buying into Huckabee's bullshit. I thought he'd be long gone by now.

The only guy on that side I can stomach is John McCain. And even he disgusts me sometimes these days.

If Hillary winds up being the candidate vs anyone but McCain...I may vote for whatever fringe 3rd party makes it onto the MA ballot.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I'm glad to hear that, coz I truly... honestly, would vote for anyone but her.

fellahere said...

Now that Kucinich has dropped out, all the hot wives are gone...

fellahere said...

Mrs. McCain is easy on the eyes.