Monday, March 03, 2008

Mute Button

I believe this: If one is going to boast that they do not watch TV, then they can't do it while spending long periods of time on a website boasting such nuggets of wisdom such as "I sucked 39 black cocks!" and "What's your favorite Rush song?"

Seriously, I just get annoyed when I see someone boasting online (specifically someone you know spends a lot of time blogging) that they do not watch any television in an attempt to make themselves seem intellectually superior.

If you are going to brag about how little television you watch...then you'd better be out saving the world with all that free time. Or, at the least, building a better you.

You'd better be:
Performing volunteer work
Reading books
Taking classes
Exercising
Spending time with family

doing something constructive for yourself or your environment...something enriching, something useful.

Not fingerfucking around on the interwebs. That's just another way to piss away the days. It's replacing one simple leisure activity with another.

3 comments:

Spring, Ph.D. said...

Ha ha! Ya gotta love it. I don't watch tv, 'cause...I'm busy bloggin' on a sex site.

Yeah, well, I watch tv almost compulsively and I can still manage a blog now and then. And I work full time. And I'm getting a Ph.D. Whose on top now, baby!

Dean said...

I hear ya, Spring. It rubs me the wrong way when people take that haughty tone towards TV...but fritter away all their free time on just another wasteful pastime.

Sure...there's a lot of garbage on the airwaves...but I watch at least three hours of TV a day. You can always find something entertaining or interesting.

fellahere said...

I watch my TV series' on DVD.