Monday, March 31, 2008

More Meltdown

I can't seem to catch a break...electronics-wise. Last Sunday my entire desktop computer went DOA and I had to go into recovery mode...and wound up losing tons of precious info.

This Sunday...my barely-more-than-a-year-old LCD flatscreen monitor stops working.

What the fuck?

My theory is that defects are designed into the newer electronics. Technology is so rapidly advancing that the producers want us to keep up...so products are made to fail within a certain time frame. Since repair costs are sometimes equal to just buying an upgrade...well..you see where I'm going with that. My old, older technology monitor lasted 7 years without a single glitch. In fact, dad and brother are still using it...and it works just fine. But my new tech model....kaput after 14 months!

Gah.

No comments: