Sunday, October 21, 2007

Gone Baby Gone

Went to see it last night. It was very, very well done. I had a few issues with it...but they were due to my being a fan of the series of novels from which the characters were drawn, not the film itself.

The author of the book, Dennis Lehane, grew up in my neighborhood and sets most of his books here...in a neighborhood pretty much ignored by other movies filmed here. (The Departed had two scenes filmed here though) I love the books...there's the neighborhood connection...I watched them film of of this movie. A few scenes were filmed, quite literally, around the corner from my house.

So I had high expectations. Ben Affleck being a first time director taking on this material...had me a little wary. But he really pulled it all together. Very impressive work by the actors and by Affleck the Director.

A few of the performances are outstanding...most notably Ed Harris as a BPD detective on the missing child case. He's fucking intense.

No comments: