Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Dear Fellow Alters and Ex Alters:

Could you do me a favor? If you are linked to me and use any permutation of my handle there in the link...could you please change the name to something else?

I checked my site meter for the first time in a long time today...and discovered that in this month alone I've had a dozen different visitors lead to my blog here via a google search on my alt handle. It's probably sandard members wanting to take a look at my profile and finding this blog because the same handle is listed on some blogs here as a link name.

Thanks.

(p.s. I'll do the same if you like since some of my links use your alt handles. I also had two google searches that lead to my blog here that were searching for some of your alt handles)

12 comments:

fellahere said...

done.

"His Schadenfreudenblog"

Do you have suggestions?

Spring, Ph.D. said...

I use your blog title...is that OK?

Just Me said...

Please do the same for me. I haven't been a part of "that other place" for a year now. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Just Me said...

Crap. I didn't mean those quotation marks to sound condescending, or sarcastic, or whatever. Just didn't want to name the other place. I'll shut up now and move along.

Anonymous said...

Did you google yourself? I just tried it and this is the first place that name shows up.

You can turn off the search engine function in the settings here. You can also turn off the link from your user name. I did that a while back and have blogged here in relative anonymity ever since.

Dean said...

Fella...that's fine. Thanks, man.

Spring...that's fine. Thanks.

Dean said...

Hi, Beth. I took the alt handle portion out of the link. Do you want the title changed as well?

Dean said...

curious, thanks for the tips. I just shut off the search engine function...but how do I de-link from the user name?

Anonymous said...

Go into your dashboard and then click "edit profile" which is on the right side of your screen. After that look in the privacy section for "show my blogs". It should be in there when you click in your blog list.

Hope you have a great '08.

Just Me said...

Thanks. You can leave the title portion the same, even though I only blog sporadically. I changed yours to "dean." That work for you?

Mistress Cesca said...

I think I link you as "My favorite Red Sox Fan" or something like that. IS that cool?

Dean said...

Cesca, Beth...yep, both of those are fine. Thanks.